Buckeye Book Award
Check out the 2013 nominations and vote for your favorite! http://www.bcbookaward.info/2013-nominations/
The Buckeye Children’s and Teen Book Award program is designed to encourage students in Ohio to read literature critically, to promote teacher and librarian involvement in young adult literature programs, and to commend authors of such literature. The Teen category was added to the existing Buckeye Children’s Book Award in 2003.
Summer Reading Workshops!
This year’s Summer Reading Workshop will be EXPLODING with ideas to use for the 2014 Summer Reading theme, Fizz, Boom, Read! That’s right, Albert Einstein, it’s all about science with experiments, crafts, decorations, school visits, and program ideas for families, preschool, school-agers, and tweens! There will even be a special presentation from OH WOW! The Roger and Gloria Jones Children’s Center for Science and Technology!
Bring sample a craft and/or decoration with instructions to share at our craft table and receive an extra chance to win prizes! (*You will receive an extra ticket for every craft/decoration that you bring.)
There will also be time at the end for sharing all of your great ideas for summer reading!
Book Look +Plus!
- Come check out the latest books for children and teens that were not shown at the August Book Look.
- Hear professional presentations about hot topics in Youth Services. November’s “Learning Together” will feature Technology including apps and digital citizenship with presentations from Paula Nespeca Deal (INFOhio) and Hayley McEwing (Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County).
- Stay after lunch for round table discussions about technology in your library.
- FREE Books and Give-A-Ways to ALL attendees!
- Register Here for Book Look +Plus
Book Look +Plus!
Next Book Look +Plus: Friday, Nov. 15th at Grand River Academy, Ashtabula with focus on Technology!
Check out the NEO Today Resources and Handouts Page for presenter information about the Common Core.