Teen Services Librarian, Huber Heights Branch-Dayton Metro Library
Teen Services Librarian
Huber Heights Branch
Posted until April 18th, 2017
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a Teen Services Librarian for our Huber Heights Branch who is comfortable assisting patrons of all ages with reference questions and computer help. The successful candidate will visit the schools in our service area to promote our teen programs and the library’s services. We are looking for a creative, energetic, and passionate individual who is eager to engage our patrons in grades 7 through 12. Join our team today!
Essential Job Duties
• Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service. Creates a welcoming atmosphere in the Teen area through personal presence and the area’s design.
• Provides all library users with assistance in reference, general readers’ advisory, information literacy, and in the use of library materials and reference resources (all formats). Serves at the public service desk and in a roaming capacity.
• Assists patrons in finding and selecting library materials and in the use of the public computers, personal electronic devices, and library virtual materials.
• Designs, promotes, presents and evaluates teen programs and activities that address community needs and incorporate library resources.
• Provides service and maintains liaisons with schools and community agencies, or other organizations related to teens. Provides library outreach programs and school visits which meet community needs.
• Maintains attractive appearance of the Teen area in accordance with safety and ADA requirements. Creates displays to promote library use.
• Assists with the daily operations of the circulation desk, including opening and closing duties.
• Knowledge of professional library principles, methods, techniques and procedures.
• Knowledge and appreciation of teen literature, periodicals, audio-visual materials, web sites, social media and other electronic media, and materials. Knowledge of available teen materials and readers’ interests.
• Ability to plan and implement programs for teens at the Huber Heights Branch.
• Knowledge of available and emerging technologies and their application to teen services.
• MLS/MLIS (preferred) or its equivalent in education and experience is required.
• The schedule includes day time, evening and Saturday hours.
Compensation and Benefits: Starting hourly wage is $22.46 (with MLS/MLIS) and an exceptional benefits package.
Application Process: Please send your cover letter, resume, and three references to Jennifer Kadel at email@example.com.