Teen Services Librarian-Dayton Metro Library
Teen Services Librarians
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking two Teen Services Librarians—one for our Brookville Branch and another for our Vandalia Branch. Located adjacent to local schools, each of these branches welcomes a lively group of teens after school. We are looking for creative, energetic, and passionate individuals who enjoy providing exceptional customer service to patrons, particularly tweens and teens. Join our team today!
Essential Job Duties
• Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service. Creates a welcoming atmosphere in the Teen area through personal presence and the area’s design.
• Provides all library users with assistance in reference, general readers’ advisory, information literacy, and in the use of library materials and reference resources (all formats). Serves at the public service desk and in a roaming capacity.
• Assists patrons in finding and selecting library materials and in the use of the public computers, personal electronic devices, and library virtual materials.
• Designs, promotes, presents and evaluates teen programs and activities that address community needs and incorporate library resources.
• Provides service and maintains liaisons with schools and community agencies, or other organizations related to teens. Provides library outreach programs and school visits which meet community needs.
• Maintains attractive appearance of the Teen area in accordance with safety and ADA requirements. Creates displays to promote library use.
• Assists with the daily operations of the circulation desk, including opening and closing duties.
• Knowledge of professional library principles, methods, techniques and procedures.
• Knowledge and appreciation of teen literature, periodicals, audio-visual materials, web sites, social media and other electronic media, and materials. Knowledge of available teen materials and readers’ interests.
• Knowledge of available and emerging technologies and their application to teen services.
• MLS/MLIS (preferred) or its equivalent in education and experience is required.
• Evening and Saturday hours are required.
Compensation and Benefits: Starting hourly wage is $22.46 (with MLS/MLIS) and an exceptional benefits package.
Application Process: Please send your cover letter and resume to Jennifer Kadel at email@example.com.