Mobile Services Clerk-Part Time-Geauga County Public Library
Library: Middlefield Library, 16167 E High Street, Middlefield, OH 44062
Position Title: Mobile Services Clerk
Classification: Library Assistant I
Wage: $10.67 per hour
Hours Per Week: 20 hours per week, non-exempt, part-time
Reports to: Outreach Supervisor
Prepares vehicle(s) for the days’ scheduled stops. Performs computer and clerical tasks in the office.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics: Willingness and adaptability to work in a changing work environment. Excellent communication and customer service skills. Must have sufficient computer skills/abilities in order to use the library’s online computer system, email, Internet and online databases, social media, and the like. Works under direct supervision yet must be able to work independently once trained. Must be familiar with library resources. Observes all OSHA procedures. See personnel policies #410 and #435.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements: High school diploma/GED. A valid Ohio driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and a clean driving record. Has reliable transportation in order to meet work obligations such as meetings and delivering or picking up Amish School sets when necessary.
• Able to regularly lift and carry 30-40 lb. bags of books up and down vehicle steps.
• Ability to stand 90% of working time.
• Ability to work in a confined space.
• Able to use hands and fingers, grasp, handle, feel, or operate objects, tool, or controls – including computers, phones, office equipment.
• Able to read computer screens and print material.
• Able to push or pull full book drops and mobile book carts off and on vehicle.
• Able to bend, stretch, walk and/or kneel in order to shelve books on vehicles, both the highest and lowest shelving.
Application Deadline: Position will be advertised until filled, applications received by March 24, 2017 will receive first consideration. If interested provide: Resume, work references and Geauga County Public Library application. Application form available online at: http://geaugalibrary.net/newsite/images/PDF/job_Application_March_15_2016.pdf
Apply Online: GCPL.recruiting@geaugalibrary@info
Geauga County Public Library – Administrative Center
12701 Ravenwood Drive