Library Technology Associate-Perry Public Library
3753 Main Street
Perry, Ohio 44081
Position: Library Technology Associate, Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Rate: $14.25 per hour
Provides basic paraprofessional and references services as well as programs, training, and resources related to technology.
Distinguishing Features of the Class:
This classification requires the application of principles of library and information science to assignments. The distinguishing feature of this class is that the duties performed involve assisting with technology in the library, or perform some of the duties of beginning level librarians. Routine library problems are solved independently and reference library staff are available for assistance on difficult problems or situations.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides excellent customer service though library reference and technology services as related to new technology trends, gadgets, digital resources, and computer training
• Interprets community interests and needs in order to plan appropriate services
• Compiles, maintains, and distributes promotional and tutorial materials for the library’s digital resources
• Assists in planning, developing, and coordinating technology and electronic materials acquisition
• Instructs patrons on, promotes, and keeps up to date with databases and digital resources
• May assist in the selection and maintenance of electronic devices and technology
• Offers technology support to the library in troubleshooting and submitting tickets to CLEVNET
• Reports digital resource and technology training statistics
• Develops, plans, and presents technology programs and training throughout the library system for the public and staff
• Makes recommendations to the Director regarding present and future technology needs; may assist in evaluating and updating the library’s technology plan
• Assists in developing and maintaining the library website and social media platforms
• Instructs customers on use of library’s computers and devices, including providing 1 on 1 assistance as necessary
• May initiate and submit grants based on library initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent oral and written communication skills; listening and interpersonal skills; organizational skills; public speaking skills. Excellent computer and web technology skills, including Mac OS and Windows operating systems. Skilled in demonstrating and teaching technology.
Education, Training and Experience:
Requires an associate in technology or demonstrated experience. The ability to follow oral and written instructions, complete forms, and understand and communicate non-complex instructions.
Accepting applications until March 17 at 9:00 PM. Please email email@example.com with an email subject line of “Technology Associate Application” with a completed application, resume, cover letter, and links to any web content that you manage. Must be able to work weekdays, nights and some Saturdays.