Library Systems & Applications Analyst-Cleveland Public Library
LIBRARY SYSTEMS & APPLICATIONS ANALYST (IT/CLEVNET)
GRADE K, $69,973.21
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE INFORMATION AND TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT, MAIN LIBRARY, LSW
(The critical skills listed are not an exclusive list of the job, tasks or qualifications. Please review the job description in its entirety)
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE:
• Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited college or university.
• Three years experience with library management software and information technology.
• Advanced knowledge of scripting languages and UNIX/Linux required
• Demonstrated ability in developing & maintaining Perl scripts required.
• Ability to work with relational databases and SQL required
• Experience with APIs required.
• Develops scripted routines for analyzing system data and automating processes in the integrated library management software; recommends solutions, conducts system testing and troubleshooting, and implements service changes.
• Develops processes and applications for the integration of system data with third-party or locally developed systems.
with a variety of data sources such as MS SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle databases.
• Creates reports of system data, monitors performance, and validates data integrity.
• Works with library staff to identify areas of process improvement; recommends and modifies existing configurations and routines based on analysis to meet library service need.
• Provides technical support to Library staff and CLEVNET staff using integrated library management software.
• Identifies and resolves problems with integrated library management software, working with the provider of the software when necessary.
Only Qualified Applicants will be considered and contacted. In addition to a fully completed application, please submit a resume, cover letter,
three (3) letters of professional references, as well as verification of required education.
POSTING OPEN UNTIL FILLED