Library Specialist-Warren Trumbull County Public Library
Library Specialist – Public Computer Area
The Warren-Trumbull County Public Library has a part-time employment opportunity as a Library Specialist to provide public service (including basic instruction and reference assistance) to users of the adult public computers.
• Provides basic instruction on the use of the library’s adult public computers. Plans, organizes and presents regular classes on the use of various software programs, at the Main Library and various Branch Libraries.
• Assists with maintenance of equipment (adult computers & printers) to include cleaning screens, disinfecting keyboards and dusting equipment; maintains supplies, including paper, ink, toner, etc.
• Provides basic technical service and basic troubleshooting of software and minor hardware issues; opens help desk tickets and elevates calls for technical service as appropriate.
• Answers the telephone, responds to inquiries and directs calls.
• Ability to utilize functions of the Sierra circulation system needed to assist adult public computer area customers.
• Able to assist customers with downloading electronic resources onto a variety of devices.
• Provides users with general information about library services, directing them to other departments or Branch libraries as appropriate.
• Applies library policies to be consistent with procedures in public service situations.
• Learns and keeps current with library-provided software, subscription databases and digital resources.
High school diploma or equivalent. Public service experience highly desirable. Experience performing similar duties preferred. Knowledge of basic computer software and Internet resources. Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
Please refer to the Core Competencies for Library Staff on the library’s website, www.wtcpl.org.
This position is part-time (scheduled for 24 hours/week). Hourly starting wage is $11.08.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants may apply online through the following link:
For full consideration, please respond by March 10, 2017.
THE WARREN-TRUMBULL COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER