Library Paraprofessional-Stark County Law Library
The Stark County Law Library has the following position available:
The Library Paraprofessional, works independently to perform the duties listed below. These duties require a great deal of attention to detail and initiative to resolve problems. The Library Paraprofessional is the important first contact for attorneys and members of the public who use the law library, and assists them in locating the information they are seeking. The responsibilities of the Library Paraprofessional are not limited to those listed here and may include other tasks as assigned by the Director. The Library Paraprofessional reports to the Director. In addition, this position is authorized by and under the control of the Stark County Law Library Resources Board.
• Circulation duties include charging items, discharging returned items, placing holds and notifying users of reserves, sending overdue notices, maintaining user statistics, and answering the telephone.
• The Library Paraprofessional must be able to answer questions indicating which library resources are most appropriate and must be able to perform advanced searches using the library’s databases and online catalog. The Library Paraprofessional directs members and other users to the Librarian for in-depth reference, research, and ILL requests.
• The Library Paraprofessional checks-in all filing material and maintains all serial check-in records in the online catalog.
• Maintenance of subscriber information is performed at the Circulation Desk. The Library Paraprofessional enters new subscribers, maintains current data, enters and prints bills to be sent to subscribers, receives and records payments, and issues receipts.
• The Library Paraprofessional is also required to shelve books, file supplements and updates in books, assist in the preparation of the Library’s newsletter, maintain and operate office equipment necessary for the functioning of the library, and distribute mail.
Qualifications: Experience working in a library is highly preferred and experience working in a legal environment is preferred. Experience using Microsoft Word is highly preferred. High school completion required, college graduate preferred.
Anticipated Hours: Will work approximately 32-40 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Rate of pay: $11.00-$16.00/hr.
Benefits include eligibility for county health insurance, membership in the Public Employees Retirement System, paid vacation, paid sick leave, and an excellent work environment.
Submit cover letter, resume, and an approximately 200 word writing sample created in Microsoft Word to:
Kendel Croston, Director
Stark County Law Library
110 Central Plaza S.
Canton, Ohio 44702