Information Services Division Manager-Dayton Metro Library
Deadline: March 29th, 2017
What an amazing time to be part of the Dayton Metro Library Team! We are in the midst of an exciting facilities project with the Main Library as our new centerpiece in downtown Dayton. Our Information Services Division Manager will oversee the adult areas of the Main Library, which include unique meeting spaces, collections, and resources. This position reports to the Main Library Manager and supervises 20 professional staff members. Do you love providing exceptional customer service to patrons? Are you self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic? If so, we want to hear from you! Visit us at http://www.daytonmetrolibrary.org/facilities and take the virtual tour through our impressive Main Library.
Essential Job Duties
• Establishes and implements goals and objectives for the Information Services Division that support the Library’s mission.
• Directs all division services such as reference assistance, readers’ advisory, outreach, collection management, and adult programming.
• Hires, trains, directly supervises and evaluates employees in the Information Services Division. Ensures proper staffing at all customer service points. Serves as liaison between Main Library Manager and staff.
• Ensures the efficient, effective, customer service oriented delivery of services to Library patrons. Maintains a current knowledge of Library operations, policies and procedures. Demonstrates and models excellent internal and external customer service. Maintains frequent personal presence in public areas to ensure outstanding service.
• Manages the collections of the Information Services Division, oversees evaluation and processing of donated materials, and manages book sale. Collaborates with the Office of Collection Development to ensure the collection is responsive to community’s information, recreational, and educational needs. Arranges for repair, cancellation, or redistribution of materials as needed.
• Promotes community awareness of the Library and establishes effective communication and partnerships with community groups, organizations and individuals.
• Prepares budget requests and submits reports as requested.
• Answers patrons’ reference questions and assists patrons in selecting and locating materials. Assists patrons in the use of computers, personal electronic devices and library virtual materials.
• Monitors facility needs, initiates maintenance and repair of adult public service areas and equipment in cooperation with the Facilities Manager. Maintains safe and secure public service areas for staff and patrons in conjunction with Security Manager.
• Ability to plan, schedule and oversee division operations and personnel.
• Knowledge of professional library principles, theories, concepts, policies and procedures.
• Knowledge and appreciation of literature, periodicals, web sites, social media and other electronic media, and materials which constitute a diverse, current and relevant collection.
• Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs.
• Valid Ohio driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required.
• MLS from an A.L.A. accredited program, minimum of three to five years of increasingly responsible experience in a public library setting at a professional level, and supervisory experience preferred.
• Schedule includes day, evening and Saturday hours.
Compensation and Benefits: Pay range minimum is $56,098 annually with an exceptional benefits package.
Application Process: For first consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to Jennifer Kadel at email@example.com by March 29, 2017.