Information Services Assistant-Dayton Metro Library
Information Services Assistant with Technology Emphasis
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual who is dedicated to learning and teaching technology to patrons and staff, either in a classroom or in a one-on-one setting. The ideal candidate will thrive in a patron-centered environment, using any and all library resources to answer patrons’ information needs. We only want to hear from those who are motivated to inform, inspire and enrich our patrons!
Essential Job Duties
• Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service. Proactively provides assistance at all service points as needed.
• Provides library users with assistance in reference, readers’ advisory, and in the use of public computers, personal electronic devices and library virtual materials.
• Provides instruction to patrons and employees. Conducts public training sessions in computer applications, personal electronic devices and virtual library services.
• Serves as liaison with Information Technology Office. Troubleshoots and maintains automation/electronic equipment.
• Under the direction of the manager(s)/librarian(s), plans, develops, and promotes programs and services to meet the informational and recreational needs of the community.
• Provides service and maintains liaisons with schools and community agencies.
• Performs circulation responsibilities and related activities as needed.
• Ability to determine patron information needs and construct a competent and complete search strategy.
• Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs.
• General knowledge of PC equipment required.
• Fluency with personal electronic devices and library virtual materials required.
• Experience with 3D printers is a plus!
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Saturday and evening hours are required.
Compensation and Benefits: Starting hourly wage is $16.70 with a full benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation/sick leave accruals and professional development opportunities.
Application Process: Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.