Assistant Branch Manager-Dayton Metro Library
Assistant Branch Manager, Madden Hills/Westwood Branch
Dayton Metro Library
Posted until April 19th, 2017
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a culturally aware individual who is excited to lead staff in providing professional-level library services. While you will assist all patrons, you will have a special emphasis on serving the African American community, and will coordinate with staff to build a dynamic and welcoming environment for African American patrons who visit our Madden Hills and Westwood Branches. Join our team today!
Essential Job Duties
• Assists the Branch Library Manager to establish and implement goals and objectives for branch service which support the Library’s mission.
• Assists the Branch Library Manager to direct all branch services such as reference assistance, readers’ advisory, outreach, circulation, and programming.
• Assists the Branch Library Manager with selection, training, scheduling and evaluating staff in assigned branch. Assists with overseeing branch volunteers. Serves as liaison between branch employees and the Branch Library Manager.
• Assists the Branch Library Manager with ensuring the efficient, effective, customer service oriented delivery of services to branch Library patrons. Maintains a current knowledge of Library operations, policies, and procedures. Demonstrates and models excellent internal and external customer service.
• Assists the Branch Library Manager to promote community awareness of the Library and establishes effective communication with community groups, organizations and individuals.
• Provides input to the Branch Library Manager in preparation of annual budget requests, quarterly, topical and other reports as requested.
• Answers patrons’ reference questions and assists patrons in selecting and locating materials. Assists patrons in the use of computers, personal electronic devices and Library virtual materials.
• Evening and Saturday hours required.
• Ability to plan, schedule, and oversee branch operations and personnel.
• Knowledge of professional library principles, theories, concepts, policies, and procedures.
• Knowledge and appreciation of literature, periodicals, web sites, social media, and other electronic media which constitute a diverse, current and relevant collection.
• Ability to maintain effective relationships with community officials, leaders, organizations, the public and the staff. Ability to present information and respond to questions from staff, patrons, and members of the community individually and in a group setting. Ability to deal effectively with confrontational individuals and/or challenging situations.
• MLIS from an ALA accredited program, minimum of three to five years of increasingly responsible experience in a public library setting at a professional level, and supervisory experience preferred.
Compensation and Benefits: Starting salary is $49,295 annually with an exceptional benefits package.
Application Process: For first consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to Jennifer Kadel at email@example.com by April 19, 2017.
The Dayton Metro Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.