Adult Services Librarian-Tipp City Public Library
TIPP CITY PUBLIC LIBRARY
ADULT SERVICES LIBRARIAN
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works under the general direction of the Library Director providing library services to adults, including reference assistance, reader’s advisory, programming, community activities and collection development; works with staff to monitor and evaluate services to adults; promotes and publicizes the adult services programs in the community; and assists with the daily operation of the library.
• Supervises all aspects of adult outreach services, adult programming and general public service.
• Creates and develops programs and activities for adults and manages the expenditures of programming
• Coordinates programming schedule with the Youth Services Librarian and submits to the Library Director for approval
• Compiles and maintains monthly statistics for adult programming and services
• Maintains an awareness of developments in library services to adults by reading professional literature, communicating with peers, attending conferences, workshops, and other training sessions and incorporates the new developments into the library’s services
• Selects and maintains the library collection (print and online) based on varied criteria and methods of evaluation under the direction of the Library Director
• Manages library operations in the absence of the Director with the Youth Services Librarian
• Participates in service programs, publicity, public relations and staff development activities
• Participates in community events to promote the library and its services
• Troubleshoots patrons’ technology issues with computers or personal electronic devices
• Creates and maintains library displays to promote materials and library services, including new book shelf
• Assists with the opening and closing duties for the entire library
• May attend Friends of the Library monthly meetings in absence of the Director
• Maintains knowledge of the job duties of library Assistants and Clerks, and participates in their work as needed by working the circulation counter and reading shelves
• Interprets library policies and procedures for library users in a customer responsive manner
• Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service
• Answers patrons’ questions in person, by phone and/or online
• Coordinates library homebound services including volunteers
• Oversees collection in local history and genealogy room
• Serve as a back-up for the technical services library assistant as needed
• Other duties as assigned by the Library Director
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Master’s Degree in Library Science, or Library and Information Science (MLS/MLIS) from a graduate program accredited by the American Library Association or currently in a program working towards a Master’s degree in Library Science
• Proficiency in basic computer knowledge and demonstrable ability to use applications in Windows environment including Microsoft Office products, Internet use and email
• Ability to interact with the public, vendors, or staff in a consistent, friendly and professional manner
• Knowledge of professional library principles, methods, techniques and procedures
• Possess the skill to construct a competent and complete search strategy using both print and non-print information resources
• Ability to complete and compute various math equations when completing reports
• Ability to operate in a network environment and to learn various integrated library system functions used in carrying out essential job responsibilities
• Maintains a positive attitude and a willingness to accept change
• Ability to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends
Supervises Library Assistant-Adult Programming Services, Library Assistant-Technical Services, and in conjunction with Library Director, the Library Clerks.
Duties are performed indoors in an office environment and require extended periods of standing, walking, sitting, talking and hearing with occasional periods of climbing or balancing, the pulling, pushing, lifting or carrying of items, keyboarding, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Weights up to 50 pounds are encountered. Vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The Adult Services Librarian must be able to read materials and receive verbal instructions requiring complex interpretation.
Vacation, sick leave, holidays, and group health benefits available; Public Employees Retirement System
$32,000 – $36,000 annually
Tipp City is in Miami County, Ohio. Tipp City is a thriving city just minutes north of Dayton on Interstate-75, proud of its exemplary schools, well-preserved historic district, and small-town charm. Tipp City is well known for its great neighborhoods and a strong retail community that includes numerous quaint shops in the historic downtown area. The library sits proudly on the historic downtown main street. The population was 9,689 at the 2010 census.
Tipp City Public Library was established in 1962. A member of OLC and the SEO Consortium.
Service area includes over 14,000 patrons. http://www.tippcitylibrary.org/
Tipp City Public Library is looking for an energetic, friendly, progressive and dynamic librarian committed to providing high quality, charismatic customer service to adults with a strong focus on programming, collection development, and outreach within the community. Successful candidate will provide direct library service to members of all ages performing reader’s advisory, reference, customer service duties and lead an adult monthly book club.
Submit cover letter, resume and references to:
Tipp City Public Library
11 East Main Street
Tipp City OH 45371
Applications will be accepted until May 11, 2017